Over the past 9 weeks all our running efforts led to one goal – to improve. The improvement led to another one – charity donation.
On last Friday 04 November and today (Sunday 06 November) we completed our challenge with the second test – re-run the 5k and improve. Under the cold of the winter that is knocking on the door, we managed to score great results:
Rafa improved from 23:30 to 22:50
JanP improved from 21:20 to 20:48 (and 20:16 during Hradec half-marathon few weeks ago)
Myself improved from 20:17 to 19:56
1. There is always a way how to improve, in whatever you do! Not only in sports. Not always this comes with the first attempt, but important is you keep pushing! Never give up.
2. Yes, we did set higher targets and none of us met them, but… Life is about constant challenge and constant improvement, we will get there! Each of us set a “dream goal” (plan A) and each of us was also working with targets B and C. We didn’t get to the dream, but all the 3 of us completed the B and C targets. We’re super excited and we won’t stop dreaming! The day you stop dreaming, you die.
3. Any improvement is great. A start of an exciting journey where limits are not set even if they are, where everything is possible! You only need to believe in it! C’est la vie.
4. Whatever you do in life, if it has a higher cause, if it helps someone else, someone, who needs the help – that is what makes for a happy life. This was the main reason we started the challenge and we’re happy we could contribute with a small portion of humanity to something that makes the highest sense.
5. Finally, all you do, try to do with the best and “most beautiful” people. Thanks to Rafael and Jan for joining the idea at the beginning of September, thanks for holding through and thanks for making some dreams come true on the way.
While in the middle of the challenge, our project changed to the one below, since Daniel’s project hit the target in the meantime, but… that doesn’t matter that much, does it.
Thanks to Nadace Jedličkova ústavu for accepting our challenge.
Friends, stay happy, stay carrying! There is only one life.